Type of Information Collected
- Information shared during account creation: Information that You may provide to Us, voluntarily, while registering on Our Platform and/or purchasing Products. This includes the information that TBIL collects from You: (a) when You register on the Platform, such as Your name, electronic mail address, phone number and contact details, postal code and demographic profile (like Your age, gender, occupation); and (b) information related to the manner and mode of payments usually adopted by You on the Platform, including details of Your bank account, credit card and debit card.
- Information automatically collected: TBIL may automatically receive and record on its server, logs details relating to Your access or use of Our Platform, including but not limited to, Your location, information about Your internet connection and mobile device, internet protocol address, cookie information, web beacon information and details of the web pages You visit, etc. Further, TBIL may also collect information about Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language, Your searches and the results You selected from the search and Your transactional information.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to Your use of the Platform while purchasing Products, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, order(s) placed and other related transaction details. We may access information for data caching to make the Platform faster.
Collection and Use of Information
TBIL uses the information only for the purpose for which the same has been furnished. TBIL does not retain information after the purpose for which it is furnished is accomplished unless the same is required to be retained under any law in force or for audit purposes. In such cases also, confidentiality of such information is maintained. Our primary purpose for collecting information (including Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information) from You is to allow You to use the Platform and avail our services offered on the Platform in a seamless and efficient manner, including:
- to provide, maintain, develop, protect and improve the Platform and Products offered for sale on the Platform, manage Your account, etc.;
- to understand Your preferences and to enhance and customize Your experience of using the Platform;
- to send You offers based on Your interests and prior activity, to contact You as a survey respondent, to notify You if You win any contest; and to send You promotional materials from its contest sponsors or advertisers;
- to respond to Your comments, reviews and questions and provide better service;
- to carry out TBIL’s obligations and enforce TBIL’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and TBIL, including collection of amounts;
- to communicate important notices or changes in the Products or services provided by TBIL on the Platform, use of the Platform and the terms/policies which govern the relationship between You and TBIL;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research relating to the Products purchased by You, either directly by TBIL or through ITC Limited;
- to undertake necessary fraud and money laundering prevention checks;
- to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- with Your consent, for promotion and marketing purposes by TBIL and/or ITC Limited;
- for sharing such information with any third party, including any service providers and any associated entities of TBIL, in the course of providing or enabling sale of Products through the Platform; and
- for any other purpose with Your consent.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
TBIL may need to disclose Your information, if required to do so under applicable laws, rules and regulations and if such action is necessary, inter-alia, to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect the personal safety of TBIL, the Users, or any person, in an emergency; and
- protect TBIL from incurring any legal liability.
You acknowledge and agree that in case of the above-mentioned events, TBIL shall be under no obligation to inform You or seek Your approval or consent prior to disclosure of Your information.
TBIL shall be at liberty to disclose Your information to: (i) Sellers to facilitate the sale of Products through the Platform; and (ii) any third parties including ITC who provide services, such as auditing, data analysis, and assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. You expressly consent to the sharing of Your information with third party service providers, including payment gateways, to process payments and manage payment card information.
TBIL may disclose or transfer Your information (including Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information) to any third party if TBIL sells, transfers or divests all or a portion of TBIL’s business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding. Such third parties shall be contractually bound to not disclose further, any Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information disclosed to them.
Security Practices and Procedures
We understand the importance of data security and we want Your user experience with us to be as safe as possible. We have implemented reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect Your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, including technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful use, accidental loss etc. TBIL servers are accessible only to authorised personnel and Your information is shared with employees and authorised personnel on a need to know basis to provide the services requested by you.
We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedure and We maintain technical and organizational security measures and procedures to protect the security of Your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, which are consistent with measures used by other similar websites.
Please understand that, while we strive to protect Your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. You play an important role in keeping Your personal information secure. Hence, we ask You to support our IT security efforts by not disclosing any of Your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information on our Website that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context.
Please note that TBIL will not ask You to share any Sensitive Personal Data or Information via email or telephone. If You receive any such request by email or telephone, please do not respond/divulge any sensitive data or information and forward the information relating to the same to firstname.lastname@example.org for necessary action.
Collection of Information by Third Party Sites and Advertisers
When payment card account information is being transmitted on or through the Platform, it will be protected by encryption technology. TBIL does not itself store Your payment card account information and does not have direct control over or responsibility for Your payment card account information. Hence, TBIL cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your payment card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by TBIL or TBIL’s third party service providers.
TBIL hereby expressly disclaims all liabilities with respect to the manner in which the Third Party Site collects and/or uses Your information. On Our Platform, there may be third parties who advertise their products and/or services. Such third parties may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on Your browser and may use information about Your visits to Our Platform and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to You. We shall, in no event, be liable for any unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of Your personal information made by advertisers, who are not subject to Our control.
- Promotional emails: You have full control regarding which emails You want to receive. If You decide at any time that You no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that once we receive Your request, it may take an additional period of time for Your opt-out to become effective.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If You prefer, You can usually choose to set Your browser to remove or reject cookies. If You choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features, or any services provided on the Platform.
- Deleting Your information: If You wish to have the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information that You have provided to us deleted, You can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail on email@example.com
- Modifying Your information: The Platform allows You to correct or update any information provided by You. In the event of loss of access details, You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email id: email@example.com
Phone no.: 1800 102882 between 9 AM to 5 PM (on all working days)