How to make Whole Wheat Nankhatai Recipe at Home for your kids?
Nankhatai is a crisp, baked cookie that is very popular in India. It is a beloved tea-time snack, loved for its subtle sweetness and crumbly texture. Unlike most baked cookies, the Nankhatai has a very distinctly tempting flavour and aroma. The innately Indian qualities of the Nankhatai have helped popularize it throughout the country. The Nankhatai is therefore quite easily set apart from the British style tea-time biscuits due to its unique attributes.
This delightful whole wheat Nankhatai recipe makes it incredibly easy to prepare. It can help you recreate the same sweet, crumbly and fragrant Nankhatai within the comfort of your home. Although traditionally prepared with refined flour, or Maida, you can make your Nankhatai more nourishing by opting for whole wheat flour instead. Furthermore, this Nankhatai recipe with AASHIRVAAD whole wheat flour also includes besan which helps enhance its taste and wholesomeness.
You can prepare these yummy cookies in advance and store them in an airtight container to preserve their freshness and crisp texture. Serve it to your loved ones with a piping hot cup of tea and experience the joy of biting into your own homemade Nankhatai biscuits together!
Whole Wheat Nankhatai Recipe Information
- Type of recipe:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
Ingredients for Whole Wheat Nankhatai Recipe
- 1 cup Aashirvaad Atta
- 2 tablespoon besan
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch Aashirvaad salt
- 70 grams cold butter
- ¼ cup powder sugar
- ½ tablespoon cardamoms powder
- 1 pinch saffron strands
- 1/5 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoon butter
How to prepare Whole Wheat Nankhatai Recipe at home?
- For the Nankhatai dough
- Grease a tray or pan very well with 1 to 2 tablespoon butter & preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- In a sieve, take 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoon besan, and ¼ tablespoon baking soda.
- Sift the dry mixture very well in a mixing bowl add approx. ½ cup or 70 grams of cold or chilled butter.
- With your fingertips break the butter and mix with the flour till you get a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Add sugar & mix.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of milk & mix till the mixture comes together to a dough.
- Gently bring Nankhatai dough into a ball.
- To make whole wheat Nankhatai
- Make small sized balls, lightly roll & flatten them.
- Place the balls on a greased baking tray.
- Bake Nankhatai in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature & serve or store.