How to make delicious Strawberry Barfi at home
Make tasty & mouthwatering Strawberry Barfi Recipe at home.
Barfi is a traditional Indian sweet that melts in the mouth with every bite of its fudge-like texture. Usually square in shape and glazed with an edible silver leaf, it can be prepared with a combination of mawa, ghee, grated coconut. This dense milk-based sweet traces its roots to North India. From Holi to Diwali, this Barfi has always been one of our favorite ways to celebrate auspicious moments in life including our beloved festivals.
The word barfi is derived from the Persian word ‘barf’ which translates to snow. A Barfi can be made with a wide variety of flavours, and people also make them in a vibrant palette of colors. Seasonal fruits and dry fruits are some of the most popular inspirations behind Barfi flavours in India.
Among these popular fruit-based Barfis, the Strawberry Barfi stands out wonderfully. The sweet, tarty flavours of the Strawberry combined with the milky, rich texture of the Barfi is a match made in heaven itself. Strawberry Barfi has a fantastic, silken texture, meanwhile the flavours of milky mawa and strawberries mingle incredibly well too. If you love gorging on a bowl of fresh juicy strawberries, and share a fondness for Barfi, you need to try this combination today.
Based on the choice of primary ingredients, flavors and toppings, the resulting texture, consistency, and colour may vary but one fact remains the same – It’s still a mouth-watering delight!
Strawberry Barfi Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 200
- 1 tsp Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
- 1 cup Mawa
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Strawberry Crush
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Aashirvaad Atta
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Mixed Nuts, chopped
How to Prepare Strawberry Barfi?
- Heat Aashirvaad ghee in a pan and saute mawa.
- Add in desiccated coconut and cook till the coconut starts oozing its oil
- Now add strawberry crush, sugar, Aashirvaad atta and cardamom Powder.
- Cook till it becomes a uniform mass.
- Take a greased tray and spread the prepared mixture evenly
- Sprinkle nuts on top and refrigerate for atleast 2 hours
- Cut the barfi in pieces and serve.
Strawberry Barfi Recipe Video
RecipesHere is a simple recipe to make tasty Tri Color Peda at h...