How to Make a Gooey Spiced Date Pudding in 8 Steps!
A Spiced Date Pudding is an English dessert that is known for its sticky and gooey texture. It combines the sweetness of Dates and Honey with the spice of Star Anise to give you a perfect dessert for Fall/ Autumn. Pieces of Dates either dried or fresh are added into a gooey pudding batter to give you this delicious delicacy.
A Spiced Date Pudding is also known as Sticky Toffee Pudding in some parts of the world and consists of a date sponge cake served with toffee sauce. Many people today love adding toffee sauce, caramel, vanilla ice cream and nuts to their pudding as a variation. In this recipe, we will make a Spiced Date Pudding with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills.
Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills will provide a chocolatey taste as well as a crumbly biscuit texture that will add another dimension to this pudding. Follow this sticky date pudding recipe, if you want to create something special with dates, spice, and chocolate!
- Time: 40 minutes
- 2-3 Serves
- 75g Butter
- 150g Brown Sugar
- A pinch of Star Anise Powder
- 10g of Cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 75g Double Cream
- Fresh or Dried Dates
- Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills
- In a pan, heat butter until it melts. Then add brown sugar and a pinch of Star Anise powder and mix
- In a bowl take cornflour, 2 eggs and Double cream and mix till it becomes a thick batter
- Now combine the two batters and mix them thoroughly till they become one
- In a baking dish or bowl, break Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills into pieces and pour the batter over them
- Finally place the dates into the batter and bake this for 25 minutes at 125 degrees C
- Once baked, top it with honey and enjoy!