Prepare a delicious Salted Caramel Tart with our quick & easy recipe
A crispy chocolaty crust, gooey salted caramel and butter, all sprinkled with coarse salt crystals come together to form the most-sought caramel tart. The interplay of sweet and salty in this dessert is what makes it mystifying and moreish.
Believed to have first originated in Australia, this creamy pie dessert is a salty take on the usual chocolate tart. Thick, melted chocolate is poured over caramel tart base and punctuated with crispy crumbs to add a slight crunch in the texture. A baked treat, the salted caramel tart is firm on the outside with melted chocolate waiting to ooze out with every bite.
A salted caramel tart is an excellent dessert to be served after a meal. For all its complex flavours, texture and preparation, it can be easily prepared at home with the best results. Whether you are hosting a small, intimate dinner with your loved one, or an elaborate fiesta with your friends and family, it is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
It is a light, flavourful and classic dessert that your guests will enjoy with great enthusiasm. The salted caramel tart works so well as a post-meal dessert due to its fantastic contrast of flavours. The sweetness of the caramel, chocolatey crumble of the base and the salty sea crystals complement each other wonderfully.
Yet somehow, these complex flavours and texture of the salted caramel tart can be achieved without much effort. This recipe simplifies the process required to prepare your own homemade salted caramel tart with minimal ingredients like Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills. If you are throwing a house party soon or would like to treat yourself to a delicious dessert for a special occasion, this is a reliable no-nonsense recipe. For a healthy variant, you can opt for dark chocolate in the caramel tart recipe. You can also top it off with white chocolate syrup or whipped cream.
Salted Caramel Tart Recipe Information:
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: Australian
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 375
- For the Crust: Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Biscuits 115g, Powdered
- Unsalted Butter 50g
- Caramel Sauce 1 ½ Cup
- Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Biscuits 6, broken into chunks
- Dark Chocolate ½ Cup, melted
- Coarse Sea Salt 1 Tsp
How to Prepare Salted Caramel Tart at Home?:
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease and line the base of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the powdered biscuits and butter and mix in a bowl.
- Now press the crumb into the pan using a cup to make sure it is flat. Then bake it for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Once the crust has cooled down, pour the caramel into the tart base. Bake the tart for 15 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the tart and sprinkle the biscuit chunks over the caramel by lightly pushing them in.
- Sprinkle over with some coarse salt and put in the refrigerator to set for about an hour. Cut into slices and serve.
Salted Caramel Tart Recipe Video:
Recipes related_aashirvaad-instant-meals-veggie-upma-cup-80g-+aashirvaad-instant-veggie-poha-80g-Blog Content: We often hear the line “Breakfast is the m...
RecipesLearn how to make tasty and spicy Spring Roll with YiPPee...