Ragi Cake – Ragi Nut Fudge Cake made with Aashirvaad Ragi Flour
Fudge is a delicious cake treat that can be savoured during teatime or at the end of every meal. Fudge is usually made in square shape batches and each piece provides a perfect mouthful of sweetness. If you love cooking and baking with Ragi, a café quality fudge cake can be easily prepared at home by using only a handful of ingredients and following a simple recipe.
In recent times, Ragi recipes are gaining prominence since ragi is considered a superfood. Ragi atta can be used to make various ragi sweets which include recipes like Ragi Cake, Ragi Halwa, and everyone’s favourite Ragi Ladoos. In this recipe, we are going to look at a Nut fudge cake recipe made from Ragi flour.
This Nut fudge recipe is made from Aashirvaad Ragi flour from Aashirvaad Nature’s Superfood Range. It contains the goodness of Ragi and the perfect sweet profile in each piece. This Ragi Nut Fudge cake recipe can be easily made at home without the need for any baking.
- Time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 3
- 1 ½ cups Aashirvaad Ragi Flour
- ¼ cup Aashirvaad Ghee
- 1 cup Khoya (Mava)
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Mixed Dry Fruits (chopped)
Preparation of Ragi Nut Fudge with Aashirvaad Ragi Flour
- Take a pan and add Aashirvaad ghee to it. Spread the ghee evenly on the pan and then add Aashirvaad ragi flour. Mix them well and cook this mixture by stirring continuously on a low flame for about 5-7 mins.
- Now, add the chopped dry fruits (almonds, cashews, pistachios) to the mix and stir the mixture for another 2 mins. Then add khoya to this mixture and continue stirring for another 5-7 mins. We want a slightly mushy texture to the mixture.
- Now, add sugar to the mixture and stir well. Then add peanut butter to the mixture and cook till the sugar dissolves. Cook further on a low flame till the mixture becomes like a dough. Take a tray and apply ghee uniformly on all sides.
- Place a butter paper on the tray and apply ghee over it. Pour the mixture into the tray and spread it uniformly on all sides. Let the mixture cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 20 mins. Remove the fudge using the butter paper and cut it into square pieces to serve.