Looking for a new wholesome smoothie? Try this Ragi Banana smoothie made with Aashirvaad Ragi flour!
In recent times, a Smoothie is becoming one of the popular breakfast choices due to the ease and
convenience of preparing it. A smoothie is mainly prepared by blending different food items with water,
milk, or a fruit base to prepare a drink with a creamy consistency. Preparing a smoothie requires less
amount of time and effort and it also contains the goodness of all the different food items in a single
This Smoothie recipe will give a unique twist to the traditional Banana smoothie with the use of Ragi flour. The use of Ragi in various food recipes is gaining prominence due to the wholesome nature of
Ragi. Ragi is considered a wholesome superfood and the most popular way to consume this millet is in
the form of flour.
This smoothie recipe will have a unique flavour profile due to the inclusion of bananas and ragi. We will
make use of Aashirvaad Ragi flour from Aashirvaad Nature’s Superfood Range. Aashirvaad Ragi Flour is a
source of calcium, iron and fibre and can be consumed by be entire family!
- Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2
- ½ cup Aashirvaad Ragi Flour
- 3 Bananas (chopped)
- 3 cups Full-Fat Milk (chilled)
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Walnuts (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Sugar (granulated)
- 4 Dates (chopped)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups Water
- Take 2 cups of water in a pan and bring it to a boil, lower the flame and then add Aashirvaad ragi flour and cocoa powder to it. Stir this mixture continuously till there are no lumps present. Let the water be absorbed and keep this mixture aside to cool.
- After the mixture cools down, add it to a blender along with the chopped bananas. Then add sugar, chopped dates, vanilla essence, and chilled full-fat milk to this mixture. Blend this mixture till the mixture becomes smooth and frothy.
- Serve this ragi banana smoothie in a glass jar and consume immediately after it is served. Garnish this ragi banana smoothie with chopped walnuts on top. It is best to enjoy the smoothie when it is chilled.