How to make Potato Tomato Curry at Home for your kids?
The Potato Tomato Curry, also known as aloo tamatar ki sabji is one of the most commonly prepared dishes in Indian homes. Even though it is prepared using the most basic and readily available ingredients, the aloo tamatar ki sabji is full of lip smacking flavours. Spicy and savoury, it draws every bit of the goodness out of its ingredients such as onion, tomatoes and chilies.
Potato Tomato Curry is often paired with piping hot whole wheat rotis. You can also pair this fantastic curry along with fried pooris and parathas. AASHIRVAAD atta helps make soft, fluffy rotis, parathas and pooris for your loved ones.
Many homes in India enjoy this tasty curry not just for their lunch and dinner meals, but also as a wholesome and filling breakfast. The aloo tamatar ki sabji is also an excellent accompaniment with steamed rice.
The Potato Tomato Curry recipe is a remarkable dish not due to its charming simplicity, but for its deliciousness. On days when you need to fix a meal for your family in a hurry, you can rely on this trustworthy Potato Tomato Curry. It can be prepared within minutes, with a handful of ingredients that are readily available in Indian homes. In addition to potatoes, tomatoes, and chilies, the Potato Tomato curries requires just a few more ingredients. Iodised salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder help add a vibrant colour, and flavour to this delectable curry.
Potato Tomato Curry Recipe Information
- Type of recipe: Main Course
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 20 Mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup onion sliced
- ½ tsp Aashirvaad salt
- ½ tsp Aashirvaad turmeric powder
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 green chilli slit
- 1 tsp Aashirvaad red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
How to prepare Potato Tomato Curry recipe at home?
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add in onions and sauté for a minute
- Add in Aashirvaad salt and Aashirvaad turmeric powder and cook till they are golden brown.
- Now add in tomatoes and green chilli. Cook this for 5 to 8 minutes till they turn mushy
- Now add in Aashirvaad chilli powder and sauté for a minutes
- Pour in water and mix well. Bring this to a boil. Add in
- Sugar and mix well.
- Now add in the potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Throw in a handful of coriander leaves and mix well.