Litti Chokha recipe prepared with Aashirvaad Atta
Litti Chokha is an incredibly popular street food item in North India, especially in Bihar. While it is popular as a street snack, Litti Chokha can be a full and satisfying meal on its own. Served with a selection of sides which are referred to as “Chokha”, this dish is very well liked for its savoury and complex flavours.
The Litti Chokha recipe can be broken down into two parts – the Litti and the Chokha. The Litti is made with flour and stuffed with “Pitthi” then baked on coals. The sides that are served along with the Litti is called Chokha. Thus, together this dish is collectively known as Litti Chokha.
For our Litti Chokha recipe, you can use AASHIRVAAD Atta to prepare the dough for Litti. This dough also contains ingredients such as curd, AASHIRVAAD Svasti Ghee and Ajwain among others. The stuffing for this Litti Chokha recipe involves a number of whole spices, Sattu, cumin seeds, mustard oil and more. Separately, you can prepare two different types of Chokha with Brinjals and Potatoes. Read this easy Litti Chokha recipe for further directions.
Litti Chokha Recipe Information:
- Type of Recipe: Snacks
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
Litti Chokha Recipe Ingredients:
- Aashirvaad atta - 400 grams (2 cup)
- Ajwain (carom seeds) - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Curd - 3/4 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Aashirvaad Salt - 3/4 tsp
For Stuffing (Pitthi)
- Sattu - 200 grams (1 cup)
- Ginger - 1-inch long piece
- Green chillies- 2 to 4
- Green coriander (dhaniya) - 1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Jeera (cumin seeds) - 1 tsp
- Ajwain (carom seeds) - 1 tsp
- Mustard oil - 1tsp
- Pickle spices - 1 tbsp
- Lemon - juice of 1 lemon (if you prefer)
- Aashirvaad Salt - add to taste ( 1/2 tsp)
- Brinjal (big) - 400 grams (1 or 2)
- Tomatoes - 250 grams (4 medium-sized)
- Green chillies - 2 to 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 1/2 inch long piece (finely chopped)
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Aashirvaad Salt - add to taste (1 tsp)
- Mustard oil - 1 to 2 tsp
How to prepare Litti Chokha Recipe prepared with AASHIRVAAD Atta?
How to make Litti
- Break off medium-sized pieces from the dough.
- With the help of your fingers expand the pieces 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Place 1- 1 1/2 tsp Pitthi on it, wrap up the dough piece and close from all sides.
- Press this stuffed pieces to flatten it a bit, Litti is ready for frying.
- Heat the Tandoor (furnace), place the stuffed pieces of dough in the Tandoor, and cook it by turning sides regularly till they turn brown (traditionally Litti is cooked on a Upla).
How to make Chokha for Litti
- Wash brinjals and tomatoes then fry them. Allow them to cool, peel the skins, keep them in a bowl, and mash with a spoon.
- Put the chopped spices, Aashirvaad Salt, oil and mix properly.
- Brinjal Chokha is ready.
- If you prefer garlic and onion then peel 5-6 cloves of garlic then finely chop them.
- Peel 1 onion, chop it finely, and mix these with brinjal.
Aloo Ka Chokha
- Peel 4-5 boiled potatoes break them into small pieces, add chopped ginger, green chillies, green coriander, red chilli powder, and Aashirvaad Salt to it then mix well.
- Aloo ka Chokha is ready.
- Put Chokha in a bowl, dip hot Litti in melted Ghee, Litti can also be broken at the center and then dipped. Serve with Chokha, green coriander chutney, and eat.