Gajar Ka Halwa Made with Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
As the name suggests, Gajar Ka Halwa is a dessert made predominantly with carrots. It is also known by a number of different names across the country such as Gajar Pak, Gajorer Halwa and Gajrela. Classic Indian desserts do not get any better than Gajar Ka Halwa. It is one of the most famous and commonly made sweet dishes in Indian homes. We have all grown up eating lots and lots of Gajar Ka Halwa during happy family occasions.
Festivals such as Diwali and Holi are often when Gajar Ka Halwa is prepared. It is also very common for this delicious sweet dish to be made to celebrate other joyful moments in life such as birthdays, anniversaries and other celebrations. If you have a sweet tooth, you might even love to indulge yourself with some Gajar Ka Halwa for no reason at all. The best part about Gajar Ka Halwa is that it tastes absolutely amazing whether it is served warm, or cold.
In a lot of Indian homes, Gajar Ka Halwa is regularly prepared during winters since it contains lots of pure cow ghee which is considered beneficial for the cold weather. This Gajar Ka Halwa recipe makes things simple and easy so you can prepare this irresistible dessert at home within minutes.
Full of sweetness and rich flavour, this Gajar Ka Halwa recipe also adds a wonderful texture with roasted almonds and raisins. The fragrance of AASHIRVAAD Svasti Ghee enhances the aroma of your Gajar Ka Halwa recipe making it even more tempting.
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 60 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1Kg CarrotS
- 4 Tbsp AASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
- 500gm Sugar
- 500gm Khova
- 1 Litre Milk
- 40gm Cashew
- 30gm Raisins
How to prepare Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe?
- Peel the carrots & grate them.
- In a pan fry cashews & raisins in 4 tbsp of Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee.
- Now add the grated carrot and sauté for 20 minutes, till the moisture of the carrot dries out.
- Add milk, khova and sugar, cook on medium heat for 30 minutes while stirring continuously till the mixture dries up.
- Gajar ka Halwa is now ready to serve.