Want to whip up a new dessert? Try this Dark Fantasy Cookies & Cream Roulade today!
Roulade is a classic European dish that is extremely popular in France and Italy. There are different types of savoury and sweet Roulade served as both dessert and main course. However, the Roulades for dessert are by far the most popular way this dish is served. Sweet Roulades can be cakes, bread and even pastry that is rolled up. It shares many similarities with another popular dessert, the Swiss Roll.
Our delicious chocolate roulade recipe with a yummy cookies and cream filling is the ultimate way to delight your guests with a post-meal dessert. The spongy cake, velvety cookies and cream filling and crunchy texture of Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies create a fantastic sensory experience.
Get ready to bake your own homemade Cookies and Cream Roulade with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies and take your baking exploits to the next level. Use this easy recipe to make the perfect Roulade right in your kitchen instead of going for a store-bought dessert.
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4
For The Cocoa Sponge
- 4 Eggs
- 125 g Castor sugar
- 5 ml Vanilla essence
- 100 g Flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 20 g Melted butter
For The Cookies and Cream
- 120 g Dark Fantasy Choco Fills
- 150 g Whipped cream
- 50 g Icing sugar
- Citrus rind from 1 orange
Oven, whisk, sieve, baking sheet tray measuring 30x40 cm, baking parchment, butter paper, spatula and palette knife.
How to make Dark Fantasy Cookies and Cream Roulade Recipe?
To Prepare the Cocoa Sponge
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar with vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together and gradually fold into the egg mixture and melted butter.
- Line a baking sheet tray measuring 30 x 40 cm with parchment paper.
- Using a spatula spread the sponge batter evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the sponge is cooked.
- Peel off the baking parchment and replace the sponge on another fresh sheet of parchment or butter paper.
To Prepare the Cookies and Cream Mix
- Combine the whipped cream with the icing sugar and citrus rind
- Mix gently till well combined.
- Break the Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies into small chunks and reserve.
To Assemble the Roulade
- Using a palette knife, spread the citrus cream on the cocoa sponge.
- Sprinkle the Dark Fantasy Choco Fills and roll the sponge, to resemble a Swiss roll.
- Tighten the ends of the butter paper to ensure no air gaps remain.
- Allow it to chill for 2 to 3 hours and serve it with an extra helping for chocolate sauce and add it as a dessert to any meal, to make it a special memory.