Delicious Kheer made with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy
Kheer is a milk and rice-based pudding that is extremely popular in India, and many other South Asian countries. It is served during the celebration of some of the most auspicious and important festivals such as Diwali, Eid, Holi, Onam and more. While it most commonly known as Kheer, there are a number of other names for this sweet dish such as Payasam, Payesh and Kheeri.
Subtle differences in the Kheer recipe exist from region to region, and different ingredients such as vermicelli, coconut and others are also added or substituted from time to time. However, the core ingredients of the Kheer recipe that remain unchanged are boiled milk, roasted nuts, and dry fruits.
If you are looking to make things interesting this festive season, and add a unique twist to your Kheer recipe, look no further! Delight your guests and loved ones with something unexpectedly delicious by using this awesome Kheer recipe which includes Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Cookies. Imagine a spoonful of the classic Kheer flavour with a crumbly, chocolatey twist! Now that is something you should definitely try this festive season.
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
- Preparation Time: 60 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 1/3 Litre Full Fat Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Soaked Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 8 tbsp Sugar
- 20 sliced cashews
- 7 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Cookies
- Crushed Almonds and Pistachios for garnish
How to make Delicious Kheer with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Recipe?
- In a pan, heat 1 1/3 litre of full fat milk.
- Add all the soaked Basmati rice and cook this mixture for up to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fragrant cardamom powder into the cooked mixture of milk and Basmati rice.
- Stir the mixture well and proceed to add the sugar.
- Follow it up by adding the sliced cashews and keep stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, transfer the contents of the pan into a large bowl. Refrigerate it until the mixture is chilled.
- Separately, take 6 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies and crush them well.
- In a serving bowl, add a spoonful of the crushed Dark Fantasy cookie crumbs. Carefully ladle your kheer over the crushed cookies.
- Garnish the kheer with crushed bits of almonds and pistachios. Add a pinch of saffron too.
- Chop a Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookie in half and place it into the kheer and serve.