Celebrate Pongal this year with a unique and chocolatey Chakara Pongal made with Dark Fantasy Choco Fills
Chakara Pongal is a South Indian sweet dish that is often prepared during festivals. It is one of the key Pongal dishes that are offered to the Gods in temples during the auspicious festival of Pongal. Chakara Pongal, or Sweet Pongal as it is also known, is a sweet porridge with a thick consistency and garnished with dry fruits for extra deliciousness.
Rice and yellow lentils are the two chief ingredients that are used to prepare an authentic Chakara Pongal recipe. Jaggery adds the sweetness, whereas Ghee and cardamom powder add the richness and aroma respectively. Chakara Pongal is a relatively simple preparation that does not require a lot of ingredients. However, the preparation for it is where all the hard work lies. If you are looking to add something different to your repertoire of Pongal dishes, we have just what you are looking for.
Today, we shall learn how to add an exciting twist to the traditional sweet Pongal recipe and make Chocolate Pongal. This unique Pongal recipe is made with ITC Dark Fantasy cookies. These crumbly and chocolatey cookies
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 2
- 1 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookie
- 1/3 Cup Moong Dal
- ½ cup Rice
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder
- 100gm Jaggery
- Roasted Cashews
How to make Chocolatey Chakara Pongal with Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Recipe?
- Dry roast 1/3 cup Moong Dal in a pressure cooker with ½ cup Rice.
- Once roasted, add 3 cups of water to the pressure cooker and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Cook this mixture for around 12-15 mins.
- While the Moong Dal and Rice mixture is cooking, chop 100gm of Jaggery into small pieces with a knife.
- Cook the jaggery in a non-stick pan with ½ cup of water. Allow the jaggery to melt, and a thick syrup to form.
- Now use a cheesecloth to strain the jaggery syrup into a large bowl.
- After the Moong Dal and Rice mixture is fully cooked, mash it with a ladle gently.
- Then add the jaggery syrup to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with roasted cashews and raisins.
- Follow this garnish by breaking 1 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookie and adding it on top for a final chocolatey garnish for your Chakara Pongal.