This Holi Try an Exciting New Chocolate Gujiya Recipe!
Holi calls for colours, celebration, and uninhibited fun. As people sway to popular Holi songs, and sip on their Thandai while having their faces painted pink, are often on the lookout for this staple: Gujiyas!
Traditionally prepared for Holi in North Indian homes, this fried sweet is delicious and loved by all. You will always find Gujiyas along with other sweets and fried snacks like Kachoris during Holi celebrations. Also known as Karanji in Maharashtra, Gujiyas come in the shape of dumplings containing sweet filling that is fried in ghee!
Mainly made with Maida, dry fruits and khoya, there are several variations of this sweet with various fillings. Some popular Gujiyas include Coconut Gujiya, Apple Gujiya, Bhang Gujiya, and Gulkand Gujiya. Another interesting Gujiya variation is the delicious Chocolate Gujiya.
Follow this chocolate Gujiya recipe made with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills and bring the joy of chocolate to your Holi!
- Time: 40 mins
- Serves 6
- 2 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Cold Butter
- ¾ cup Milk
- 6 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills
- 3 cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp Assorted Nuts Chopped
- In a bowl, add flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, and milk. Mix these ingredients together to form a dough.
- Set the dough aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the dough is rested, heat oil in vessel for deep frying. Meanwhile roll the dough into small poori sized circles.
- Add Dark Fantasy Choco Fills to each dough shape and cover with other circle made of dough. Join the two and fry this till golden brown. Repeat the process till the dough is used entirely.
- Now garnish with chocolate sauce, icing sugar and chopped nuts and enjoy!