Classic Chocolate Barfi made with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy
An immensely popular milk-based dessert, Barfi is known by many different names across the country. The name Barfi, borfi or burfi is derived from an ancient language that translates to “snow”. This is because the traditional Barfi is a dense sweet that has a white and granular appearance. Festivities and celebrations in Indian homes would be incomplete if the entire household does not gorge themselves on some tasty Barfi. Its creamy sweetness is loved by adults and children with equal passion.
With time, many different interpretations of the classic Barfi were created by combining it with dry fruits, nuts and other ingredients. Kaju Barfi, Pista Barfi, Strawberry Barfi and such flavours are very common today. However, the Chocolate Barfi stands out and remains as beloved as the classic Barfi recipe.
For our readers, we bring a Chocolate Barfi recipe that is so simple that you will definitely plan to make it this festive season. This Chocolate Barfi recipe can be made with the simplest household ingredients. A crunchy and chocolatey flavour is added by using Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies, cashews, almonds and pistachios. Just imagine, how delightful would it be to serve your own homemade Chocolate Barfi to everyone in the family?
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Serves: 4
- 8 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Cookies
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 200gm condensed milk
- 200gm Khoya/Khova
- 1 Tbsp mixture of chopped almonds, pistachios and cashews
How to make Delicious Barfi with Dark Fantasy Recipe?
- Finely crush 6 Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies and add them to a large bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp softened butter to the bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl into a greased flat pan or tray and flatten it with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, add the condensed milk and Khoya. Mix until very small lumps of Khoya remain.
- Pour this batter over the flattened mixture of Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies and butter. Make sure the batter is poured evenly.
- Sprinkle with chopped mixture of assorted nuts like almonds, pistachios and cashews.
- Cut pieces of the remaining Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies, and add them to the Barfi tray.
- Now refrigerate the Barfi for up to 2 hours and allow it to set.
- Once set, remove the Barfi tray, cut into your desired shapes and serve.