Learn how to make Capsicum Potato Curry at Home?
Capsicum Potato Masala is a classic vegetarian dish made primarily with potatoes and capsicum as the name suggests. This scrumptious dish is known across the country by a number of different names such as Aloo Capsicum Curry and Aloo Simla Mirch Curry.
The thick gravy of this curry, with a spicy masala tastes phenomenal when paired with freshly prepared fluffy rotis made with AASHIRVAAD whole wheat atta. Capsicum Potato Masala can also be served with fried pooris, parathas or jeera rice. It can be presented by itself, or served alongside other curries, dals and other vegetable dishes for an elaborate main course.
This Capsicum Potato Masala recipe is a great dish for a wholesome homemade family meal. You can also pack this dish into a lunchbox for your loved ones. It is a delightfully simple recipe, and yet packed with flavour. This Capsicum Potato Masala recipe contains a cashew and almond based paste which produces a creamy gravy. The addition of tomatoes, onion and garlic also adds a lot of complexity to its flavour. Lastly, the dry spices which include turmeric powder, chili powder and A pinch of iodised salt make the Capsicum Potato Masala curry more visually appealing, and adding a lot of flavour at the same time.
Capsicum Potato Curry Recipe Information
- Type of recipe: Main Course
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
For the Paste:-1 cup tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp almonds
- ½ tsp Aashirvaad turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Aashirvaad red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
In the pan
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup green capsicum diced
In the second pan
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger- garlic paste
- 1 tsp Aashirvaad salt
- 1 cup potatoes boiled
How to prepare Capsicum Potato Curry at home?
- Take tomatoes, Aashirvaad turmeric powder, Aashirvaad red chilli powder, cumin powder, almonds and cashew nuts in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add capsicum and saute for 2mins, remove, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil. Crackle cumin and add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add in water, Aashirvaad salt, and mix well.
- Add in capsicum and potatoes and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins and serve with soft, fluffy rotis
You should definitely try this exciting recipe the next time you are planning a lavish home-cooked meal for your friends and family.