Apple Halwa Recipe: How to make Healthy & Delicious Halwa Recipe made from the goodness of Apple
Learn how to make tasty & mouthwatering Apple Halwa Recipe at home.
Raw apples can be hard to bite especially for kids or adults with brittle teeth. For a few, this crunchy fruit may also taste tart which is why it’s avoided. However, apples can be enjoyed cooked and sweet as apple halwa!
When crunchy, diced apples are dipped in a concoction of milk, ginger, and dry fruits, it paves the way to a heavenly and nutritious dessert – Apple Halwa. What makes this Indian mithai an all-time favorite is a fact that the moment it melts in your mouth, it warms your soul.
This heartwarming dish is a healthy take on the regular halwa that traces its origins to the Middle East. The healthy aspect comes from the addition of apples that work at aiding weight loss and regulating blood sugar. In other words, it’s a heart-friendly treat that can be a guilt-free way to satiate your cravings even if you are a diabetic!
A slow-cooked treat, the apple halwa, gives out a rich aroma of ghee as you whip up a sheer delight. Usually, prepared during Indian festivals and pujas, this traditional dessert with a modern twist makes for an irresistible delicacy with its fudge-like texture.
Apple Halwa Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 355
- 1 tbsp Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
- 1 tbsp Aashirvaad Atta
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 cup Aashirvaad Svasti Milk
- 1 cup Apple (Peeled and diced)
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Dry fruits for Garnishing (Cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, and pistachios)
How to Prepare Apple Halwa at Home?
- In a pan add Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee and heat it on medium flame.
- Once warm, add Aashirvaad Atta to the pan. Mix with a spatula and roast till the mixture turns light brown. Set it aside.
- Now in another pan pour Aashirvaad Svasti Milk and add slices of the diced apples. Allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next up, pour condensed milk and sprinkle ginger powder.
- For garnishing, toss in slivered dry fruits and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes until it achieves a thick consistency.
- Once it’s thickened, add the Atta mixture to the pan.
- Stir continuously on a low flame. Your Whole Wheat Apple Halwa is now ready!
Apple Halwa Recipe Video
RecipesHere is a simple recipe to make tasty Tri Color Peda at home. Soft, creamy and delicious, peda is an iconic Indian mithai basically prepared from milk and infused with other flavoring ingredients, such as cardamom, saffron and slivered pistachio. Tracing its roots to Uttar Pradesh, the all-time favored peda is generally served as a way to mark celebrations. This traditional milk-based sweet delicacy...
RecipesLearn how to make a special White chocolate fudge Recipe at home. White chocolate fudge recipe includes whisking together white chocolate, milk, butter, and vanilla essence and heating it until it cools down to a creamy and crumbly consistency. This dessert gives you the culinary freedom to get crafty with the toppings from slivered nuts to fruits slices. The divine depth of chocolate when...