All the Puja Samagri You Need for Ganesh Chaturthi 2022
One of the biggest festivals of the second half of the year, Ganesh Chaturthi is widely celebrated in many parts of the country with much excitement. As its name suggests, Ganesh Chaturthi is the celebration of Lord Ganesha. Hindus all around the country install huge and beautiful idols of Lord Ganesha and ardently perform aartis every day for 10 days.
Ganesh Chaturthi features a lot of sweets, bhajans, aartis and cultural dance performances children and adults alike enjoy. On this festival, it is believed that Lord Ganesha himself descends upon Earth to bless us all. This is why Ganesh Puja features Modaks and many other items that are significant to the Lord himself.
If you are new at setting up your home for the festival or do not have an experienced guiding eye to help you perform Ganesh Puja at home, then this article is for you. Find all the Ganesh Puja Samagri or Ganesh Puja essentials you need to celebrate this festival with devotion and utmost joy. Make sure you collect these items much in advance so that you are prepared and ready to celebrate this joyous occasion peacefully.
Pooja Items required for Ganesh Chaturthi 2022:
- Banana Leaves
- Mangaldeep Agarbatti
- Diyas/ lamps
- Oil for lamps
- Raw Rice
- A Kalash
- Betel leaves
- Mango leaves
- Red cloth
- Durva Grass
- Hibiscus flowers or red flowers
- A Table or Stool fit to handle the Idol
- An Eco-friendly Ganesha Idol
- Homelite Matchsticks
- Modaks and other sweets
You can find many of these pooja items online too. Once you have collected all the Ganesh Puja Samagri, it is important to also prep your home for the Puja. Here are some important points to remember while celebrating Ganesh Puja from your home:
- Make sure to have a bath in the early hours of the day.
- Clean your home so that the environment is clean and calm.
- Light a fragrant Mangaldeep Agarbatti or Dhoop stick to induce a devotional and joyous environment.
- Wear traditional clothes and invite friends and family for the Ganpati Festival.
- Keep fresh fruits and lots of sweets handy in case of surprise visits.
- Learn the aartis required for Ganesh Puja or consult a Pandit for the same. Having a trusty book of aartis can be helpful too.
- Mindfully place the idol according to Vastu. A well-lit corner is a great option for the Idol Sthapna.
- You can use many decorative elements to make the Idol look lovely in your home.
- And lastly, understand the auspicious timings during which the puja can be performed from a pandit, an elderly person or even the internet.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2022!